Thursday, December 2, 2010

Malware Description IS Very Poor

This is the first sentence of two that Symantec has given in its summary for the malware:

Trojan.ADH is a detection technology designed to detect entirely new malware threats without traditional signatures.

My initial thought was that this malware was using some new detection technology, but then after re-reading I realized it was being detected by technology being utilized by Symantec. Here is my simple modification to that sentence:

Trojan.ADH was detected by technology designed to detect entirely new malware threats without traditional signatures.

That would be the bare minimum change needed. A slightly different wording with another improvement would be:

Trojan.ADH has been detected by technology designed to identify entirely new malware threats without traditional signatures.

And this is the final most effecient revision:

Trojan.ADH was detected by technology designed to find entirely new malware threats without traditional signatures.

-----

As an additional comment I would to add my following observation. I did not see an explanation for what ADH meant, but am guessing that it stands for Automatic Detection Heuristic. When I was checking the spelling for heuristic by type in my toolbars search box (with search suggestions turned ON) I saw heuristic.adh listed that might indicate that I might be corrent in this assumption.

in reference to: Trojan.ADH | Symantec (view on Google Sidewiki)

No comments:

Post a Comment