Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Downloading YouTube Videos in MP4 File Format

This is a Sidewiki entry for this specific part of this web page: "Some partners on YouTube allow you to download their videos in the MP4 file format."

This used to work and I was able to download a video that I had purchased via Google Checkout, but for some reason it does not work now. At first I thought it was because of YouTube's redesign of the internal workings because the video that I had purchased is still listed as having been purchased and the expiration date says that it does not expire; although the YouTube user/partner was not so happy with the quality of the MP4 and was no longer making that video available for sale.

But I just finished purchasing another video and I still don't get any way to download it as an MP4 file. Hopefully they will fix this since I used the 'Report a Bug' feature that can be found to the lower, left of most YouTube pages.

in reference to: Viewing MP4 video files : Learn More - YouTube Help (view on Google Sidewiki)

No comments:

Post a Comment